This year huge number of candidates would be willing to apply for NEET 2019 as every year. However, one should check the NEET 2019 eligibility before submitting their application. One should meet the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. From this year, NIOS and Additional Biology students can also apply for the NEET as certified by the governing authorities. In order to know the detailed NEET eligibility, one should continue reading this post.
Table of Contents
NEET 2019 Eligibility
Recently the NEET 2019 governing authority has released the application forms for registration. Contenders of the NEET will have to apply online in the official website by filling all the necessary details and paying the fee. But before that, you must have a glance at the following information regarding the NEET eligibility criteria and will have to meet the terms and conditions strictly.
To apply for NEET 2019, the following academic qualifications should be satisfied by the candidate.
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Candidate need to pass Physics, Biotechnology / Biology, Chemistry and English subjects individually that includes practical tests in those subjects and English as compulsory subject.
- Students should have obtained minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Biotechnology / Biology, Chemistry in the qualifying exam when taken together for General category. Whereas, for SC/ST/OBC the qualifying marks is 40%, for GEN PH 45% and for SC-PH/OBC-PH/ST-PH it is 40%.
- Candidates appearing 12th standard can also apply. However, they should show the qualifying certificate with the passing criteria in the 1st round of counselling.
NEET 2019 Age Limit:
- Candidate should be 17 years old at the time of admission i.e., on or before 31st December of admission year.
- There upper age limit to apply for NEET 2019 is 25 years as on date of exam with 5 years relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates and those are under reservation under Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 i.e., 25 or more for unreserved candidates and 30 for reserved and PwD candidates.
- The candidates should be Indian National.
- NRIs (Non Resident Indians) / OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India) / PIOs (Persons with Indian Origin) and Foreign Nationals can also apply.
Other Qualifying Exams:
- Candidates passed Pre-medical or Pre-professional Exams with Physics, Biology/Bio-technology, Chemistry and English after passing either the Pre-University exam or Higher Secondary exam or an equivalent exams are also eligible. The pre-professional or pre-medical exam could include practical exams in those subjects and English as compulsory subject.
- Students passed B.Sc exam from any of the Indian university with any of the two subjects Physics / Biology (Botany / Zoology) / Chemistry. Candidate should also pass qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Candidate who have passed 1st year of 3 years degree course from any recognized university with Physics, Biology/Bio-technology and Chemistry with practical tests and the exam is a university exam. The candidate should also have passed the previous qualifying exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English in the level not less than core course can also apply for NEET 2019.
- Candidates cleared the qualifying exam of Open school or as private students and Candidates who have studied an additional subject Biology / Biotechnology can apply. However, their candidature will be subjected to the result of the special level appeals or petitions that are filed by Medical Council of India.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit for attempting NEET and it has been removed.
Candidates satisfying this NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria can successfully apply for the NEET 2019 before the last date. Ask your queries on this post through comment box available below.